This Simple Veggie Taco Recipe is easy to make, full of flavor, filled with healthy veggies, and made in less than 30-minutes! Aka – perfect for Taco Tuesday. Plus, the vibrant color combo of the sauteed veggies is stunning.
What we love about these veggie tacos is how easy they are to make and how delicious they are! We serve them in multiple ways: as is, or with a different protein, like chicken, beans, or even a poached or over-medium egg!
Vegetarian Mexican Taco Recipe Ingredients:
- Avocado Oil
- White Onion or substitute a Red Onion
- Bell Peppers – We recommend using red, orange, and yellow bell peppers because they are sweeter in flavor and have more nutrients than green peppers.
- Garlic Clove
- Red cabbage – When the cabbage gets soft, it releases a mild sweetness, which balances the taco spices’ heat!
- Kale – We used red Russian kale in this recipe. It has a mild flavor, and when sautéed, it adds nice texture and chewiness to each bite!
- Seasoning: Chili powder, Cumin powder, Salt and Black Pepper
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
Serve these vegetarian tacos with tortilla wraps, sour cream, hot sauce, or topped with our chunky avocado salsa for extra flavor, and then add a protein.
Protein Options for these Tacos:
Option 1: Serve with refried pinto beans.
Option 2: Serve with a poached or over-medium egg.
Option 3: Serve with grilled shrimp, tofu, or chicken, seasoned with extra taco seasoning.
Whichever way you serve these veggie tacos, you will not be disappointed. These veggie tacos are super simple, packed with flavor, and extremely fulfilling. We hope you all love them! ♡
If you love this recipe, try one of these taco recipes next:
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Easy Oven-Baked Walnut Quinoa Tacos
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.