I am taking Taco Tuesday to a whole new level by making these quick and easy oven-baked walnut quinoa tacos! First, blend up the plant-based taco meat, add some peppers, tomato paste, and spices, stuff the taco shells, and bake them in the oven until they are nice and crispy! Serve with your favorite taco toppings, such as lime juice, cheese, sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce, and hot sauce.
These tacos come together in under 30-minutes and are very delicious. Perfect for Taco Tuesdays and really any other weeknight dinner.
What you need to make these Oven-Baked Walnut Quinoa Tacos:
- Quinoa – I used tricolor quinoa, but any quinoa works! We love quinoa as it’s rich in fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. Plus, it’s high in protein and gluten-free.
- Walnuts – Even though walnuts are high in calories, they are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, fats, antioxidants, and omega-3 that our bodies need. They blend beautifully and absorb spices like ground meat!
- Tomato Paste – Adds color and adds additional flavor to the mixture.
- Spices – Taco Seasoning – we like using Siete Spicy Taco Seasoning. It adds great flavor to our dishes, and there’s less thinking when adding different spices! If you don’t have this taco seasoning on hand, any taco seasoning will work. Plus, we made these tacos with our pantry spices, too, and the flavor was YUM! See notes for our go-to homemade taco seasoning.
- Vegetable Broth (or sub water) – Adds more flavor.
- Bell Pepper or Sweet Pepper – Adds nice texture inside.
- Almond Flour or Corn Tortillas – They both work great in this recipe. We really liked the almond flour tortillas the best tho! If you have a Whole Foods in your area, try the Almond Flour 365 brand! That’s what we used, and they crisped up nicely!
- Avocado Oil – Helps with baking the tortillas!
- Taco Toppings – lime juice, cheese, sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce, and hot sauce.
How to make these Oven-Baked Walnut Quinoa Tacos:
- Cooked the Quinoa.
- Blend the Walnuts.
- Add the Quinoa and blend with the Walnuts.
- Add back to the pot and saute with the spices, tomato paste, bell pepper, and veggie broth.
- Coat tortillas with avocado oil. Bake for 5 minutes to prevent splitting.
- Add Walnut Quinoa mixture to the taco, and add some cheese. Close the taco and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the taco and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite taco toppings.
These tacos are plant-based, easy to make, and super delicious! They are ready in under 30 minutes and perfect for those easy weeknight dinners. Crunchy on the outside and yummy on the inside. A delicious way to change up taco night. I hope you all love this recipe! Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.