This Chocolate Chia Mousse is dairy-free and packed with protein and nutrients. Perfect for dessert or as a decadent snack.
Most days, a few hours after dinner, I tend to crave chocolate for dessert. Days where we eat an early dinner, we crave more than desserts. To avoid overeating and to stick to something healthier and satisfying, I usually will have this chocolate chia mousse in the fridge.
I accidentally made this mousse one day when trying to see how I could enjoy chia seed pudding. Chia seed pudding is very satisfying, but I could never get past the texture. It’s too “gummy” for me to eat. I would maybe eat 2-4 spoonfuls and then would have to put the rest in the fridge for another time. One day I decided to blend the chia seed pudding to see if it made a difference to the texture and be more enjoyable.
The texture after blending chia seed pudding resembled a mousse or parfait. I’ve made multiple flavors, and this one is my favorite for those chocolate-craving nights. It can also be enjoyed for breakfast or even as a snack to hold you over until dinnertime.
Chocolate Chia Mousse Ingredients:
- Chia seeds – Has several health benefits. We typically use black chia seeds over white, and we try to have at least 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls of chia seeds a day. If we don’t have a chia mouse in our fridge, we will add them to our salad or a smoothie.
- Nut milk – To keep this mousse dairy-free, we used almond milk here, but cashew milk or macadamia nut milk would be tasty.
- Vanilla extract (or sub vanilla bean powder)
- Maple syrup – We used dark grade maple syrup for extra flavor.
- Cacao powder (or sub cocoa powder)
I topped this mousse with coconut whip cream, pomegranate seeds, and toasted coconut flakes. I have previously topped with fresh strawberries or raspberries. You can’t go wrong, so pick your favorite fruit for toppings.
We hope you all love this vegan alternative to chocolate mousse! It’s not only tasty but healthy and fulfilling! Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.