These Baked Lemon Pepper Wings are crispy, savory, tender, and seasoned with a delicious lemon pepper sauce and fresh parmesan. These wings have a ton of flavor, are easy to make, and don’t require any dipping sauce! An easy appetizer or main course for any occasion.
What I love about these wings is the flavor and how they require minimal ingredients to make at home. They are a crowd-favorite, and I guarantee you have all the ingredients in your pantry/fridge!
The ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Chicken Wings – Make sure the wings are thawed out before baking. We use uncooked organic chicken wings in this recipe. We get our wings from Butcher Box, a meat subscription box, and they come frozen, and we thaw the frozen wings at room temperature on a plate or bowl or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Lemon Juice and Zest – We used Meyer’s Lemons in this recipe. They have a nice sweet and floral flavor.
- Black Pepper – We grind our black pepper because the spice is much more potent/fresh than the pre-grind kind you can buy at the store.
- Salt -Balances everything out and adds additional seasoning to the wings.
- Avocado oil, or substitute another neutral oil such as olive oil. This helps the wings from sticking on the baking sheet.
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese – We love adding parmesan to these wings because it added a nice nutty and fruity flavor with each bite. We like to use freshly grated parmesan cheese too and usually go with the cheese brand, BelGioioso.
How to make these lemon pepper wings:
Step 1: After the wings are thoroughly thawed, mix the lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, half of the black pepper, salt, and avocado oil in a small bowl. Add to the wings and toss together. Let the wings rest for 5-10 minutes.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the seasoned wings to the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each wing—Bake for 45 minutes or until crispy. Make sure to flip the wings on the other side halfway through.
Step 3: In a small bowl, mix the remaining lemon juice and black pepper and brush the lemon pepper sauce over the baked wings. Season with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
These Lemon Pepper Wings are best when fresh but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. We like to reheat them in an Air Fryer or the oven. We prefer not to reheat them in the microwave as they lose their crispy texture. The Air Fryer is the quickest way to reheat the wings and make them more crispy. Once they are fully reheated, we like to toss them with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and parmesan cheese. If you choose the oven, set the temperature at 450 degrees F and bake them for 5 minutes to see if they are hot enough to be served.
1. Thawing frozen uncooked wings can take 8 hours at room temperature or 12 hours in the fridge.
2. Prepping all ingredients – It took us about 5 minutes to get all the ingredients together.
3. Marinate (optional) the wings with the lemon pepper sauce for about 5 -10 minutes before baking.
4. Baking – It took us about 45 minutes to make these at 450 degrees F. Baking time may vary depending on your oven. We recommend checking the wings at the 40-minute mark and deciding whether they need 5 additional minutes or more.
These Parmesan Lemon Pepper Wings have a ton of flavor, are easy to make, and make an easy great appetizer or main meal. They are tender and crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. We hope you all love them as much as we do. Enjoy! ♡
If you love this recipe, try one of these healthy recipes next:
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.