These Pumpkin Flavored Dog Treats are the best! Requires 5 ingredients, are easy to make, and are a healthy and affordable treat for your pup!
With everyone making homemade candies for Halloween, we made some homemade dog treats for our pups. They deserve something delicious and healthy, too, right? If you agree, then check your pantry, and let’s get baking!
These treats are made with 5 ingredients, and we guarantee your pup(s) will love them! They are flavored with pumpkin and cinnamon. Be sure to drizzled them with a peanut butter icing for an extra oomph!
Pumpkin Flavored Dog Treat Ingredients:
- Flax egg: Flaxseed and water (makes these treats vegan and adds additional nutrients).
- Coconut oil – Research has shown that coconut oil has many health benefits for our littles ones; therefore, we used it here in this recipe. Feel free to use sunflower or olive oil here.
- Pumpkin puree – Helps with binding everything together, plus it’s a good source of nutrients and fiber for our little ones.
- Whole wheat flour – Has a nutty flavor and more nutrients than regular all-purpose flour. However, all-purpose flour can be used if you don’t have any whole wheat flour on hand.
- Cinnamon – Adds additional flavor to these treats.
- Peanut Butter Icing: Peanut butter and coconut oil. This yummy combo will have your pups begging for more. Therefore, we recommend adding this icing to these treats!
- Store these dog treats in a cookie jar or a glass container for up to 1 week, depending on how many pups you have and how many treats you give them a day.
These dog treats take 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to bake in the oven. If you buy dog treats often, then you know it can be expensive to treat your little ones to something delicious.
Need other homemade dog treat recipes? Check out our Carrot and Peanut Butter Flavored Dog Treats recipe.
These treats are a cheaper alternative, plus you know what your pup is eating, which is a win-win in our book. We hope your little trickers love this homemade treat!
This post contains affiliate links.