One of the best things I look forward to when coming home is the happiness and love my animals give me the minute I walk in the door. By animals, I mean three dogs (large, medium and small) and one cat (yes, we have a zoo). They greet me and cry as if I was gone for a long time and it get’s me every time. After I get settled in the house, they are waiting patiently by this cabinet we call the ‘treat cabinet’. It’s routine; they always know momma is about to give them a treat because they behaved at home, alone. They get treats all day long, but there are days I make batches of biscuits that are special treats.
Knowing that my animals are eating natural and healthy ingredients is important to me. Some of the treats we purchase smell disgusting and half of the time I can’t even say the ingredients in them. What we give our animals is super important, which is why I look at the ingredients and where it’s coming from. Love your pets and treat your pets with delicious goodies and they will love you for it!
These biscuits are made from the ♥ & I hope your puppy dogs love them! They are made with carrots for crunch and peanut butter, because what dog does not go crazy for peanut butter?! & then topped with a coconut-peanut butter glaze for extra deliciousness! I am confident your dogs will love these, because our pickiest dog (Dazy the Husky) walks away from treats all the time and only eats the yummiest ones, like these biscuits here.
Until next time friends, Namaste. ♥
Carrot & Peanut Butter Flavored Dog Treats
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted, but not hot
- 1 cup packed grated carrots
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1, 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or sub brown rice flour
Coconut-Peanut Butter Glaze (Optional):
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter unsalted
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil melted, but not hot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until <g class="gr_ gr_65 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="65" data-gr-id="65">a dough forms</g>. Flour a surface and roll out the dough and use dog biscuit cutters to make shapes. Please cut-out dough on parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat to cool completely before drizzling on the glaze. To firm glaze, place biscuits in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer. These biscuits can be stored in a container at room temperature for 3 days, or in the refrigerator for 7 days.