These Homemade Carrot & Peanut Butter Dog Treats are made with natural and fresh ingredients that your puppy-dogs will love!
One of the best things I look forward to when coming home is the happiness and love my furbabies give me the minute I walk in the door. They greet me and cry as if I was gone for a long time, and it gets me every time.
After I get settled in the house, they wait patiently by this cabinet we call the ‘treat cabinet.’ It’s routine; they always know momma is about to give them a treat because they behaved at home, alone. They get treats all day long, but there are days I make batches of biscuits that are special treats.
Knowing that our furbabies are eating natural and healthy ingredients is important to us. Some of the treats we purchase smell disgusting, and half of the time, I can’t even say their ingredients. Love your furbabies and treat them with delicious goodies, and they will love you for it!
Carrot and Peanut Butter Flavored Dog Treat Ingredients:
- Flax egg: Flaxseed and water (makes these treats vegan and adds additional nutrients).
- Creamy Peanut Butter – We love using Wild Friends Creamy Peanut Butter because it only has salt listed in its ingredients.
- Coconut oil – Research has shown that coconut oil has many health benefits for our littles ones; therefore, we used it here in this recipe. Feel free to use sunflower or olive oil here.
- Shredded Carrots – Gives the treats extra crunch and flavor.
- Whole wheat flour – Has a nutty flavor and more nutrients than regular all-purpose flour. However, all-purpose flour can be used if you don’t have any whole wheat flour on hand.
- Baking Powder – Only a small quantity is used. Plus, they make these treats fluffy in texture.
- Peanut Butter Icing: Peanut butter and coconut oil. This yummy combo will have your pups begging for more. Therefore, don’t skip out on this icing!
Store these dog treats in a cookie jar or a glass container for up to 1 week, depending on how many pups you have and how many treats you give them a day.
These dog treats are made from the ♥ & I hope your puppy-dogs love them! They are made with carrots for crunch and peanut butter, because what dog does not go crazy for peanut butter?! & then topped with a coconut-peanut butter glaze for extra deliciousness! I am confident your dogs will love these because our pickiest dog (Dazy) walks away from treats all the time and only eats the yummiest ones, like these biscuits here!
Need other homemade dog treat recipes? Check out our Pumpkin Flavored Dog Treats.
If you try this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating below. This helps our readers and us.Print
This post contains affiliate links.