This Homemade Buffalo Chickpea Pizza Recipe is vegan, full of buffalo flavor, packed with chickpeas, and topped with tomatoes, arugula, spinach, and cashew ranch dressing. We love this recipe because it’s full of flavor and requires minimal ingredients to make.
This pizza also has a delicious vegan roasted onion and cashew sauce. This sauce is super easy to make and really goes well with the buffalo chickpeas and ranch dressing.
The ingredients to make this Buffalo Chickpea Pizza:
- Cooked Chickpeas – Make your own from scratch, or use a can of chickpeas from the store. Be sure to drain, rinse, and pat dry the chickpeas to ensure they are covered in buffalo sauce.
- Your favorite buffalo sauce. We love The New Primal Medium Buffalo Sauce. It’s so delicious and has the perfect amount of spice.
- Pizza dough, homemade or store-bought.
- Campari tomatoes
- Sauce: olive oil, water, garlic, sweet onion, cashew butter, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper – This sauce is so good too and makes a great spread to add to sandwiches too!
- Arugula and/or Spinach – this is optional, but I love adding fresh arugula to this pizza because it gives a nice peppery flavor with each bite.
- Green onions – Adds a nice flavor with each bite.
- Vegan Ranch Dressing or substitute with Regular Ranch Dressing. We have made Nora Cook’s Vegan Ranch Dressing and highly recommend it. It’s effortless to make and uber tasty!
How to make this pizza? Easy.
Step 1: Make the sauce by roasting the onions and garlic with salt, pepper, oregano, and olive oil for 25 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Once roasted, add to a blender with filtered water, nutritional yeast, cashew butter, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, and blend until creamy.
Step 2: Prep the pizza dough. Roll it out. Spread on the sauce and top with sliced tomatoes. Toss the chickpeas with buffalo sauce and add to the pizza. Bake at the highest temperature (500-550 degrees F); your oven goes for about 10 minutes, or until crust is brown.
Step 3: Add desired toppings: Green Onions, Arugula, Spinach and Ranch Dressing! Serve Immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
It takes about 20-25 minutes to roast the onions and garlic, and then another 5 minutes to make the final sauce.
Prepping all the ingredients takes about 10 minutes.
The pizza takes about 10-12 minutes to make, depends on the size of the pizza dough.
Store pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot. We like to add olive oil to a pan and love how it crisps up the pizza crust. Goodbye to soggy leftover pizza dough.
This pizza pairs best with a fruity white wine, like Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, or Riesling. The fruity cold wine enhances the spicy flavors of this pizza perfectly. We selected a Riesling from 13th Street Winery. Super yum.
This is really a delicious and unique pizza! It’s full of flavor, packed with plant-based protein, and super yummy. We hope you all enjoy it! ♡
If you love this recipe, try one of these delicious pizza recipes next:
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.