Welcome back to another Pizza Friday! This week we made this delicious and easy Smoky Tempeh Pizza topped with a yummy basil sauce! It’s so good and super flavorful! Y’all are going to love this easy vegan pizza recipe!
I love this vegan pizza recipe for two reasons: it has so much flavor, and it’s loaded with delicious veggies!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this Smoked Tempeh Pizza Recipe:
- Vegan pizza dough – Our go-to overnight pizza dough is vegan. It only has 5 ingredients: flour, salt, water, yeast, and olive oil.
- The best pizza sauce: olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes
- Spices: smoked paprika, sweet paprika, dried oregano, salt, black pepper
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Liquid smoke
- Apple cider vinegar
- Campari tomatoes
The best part of this recipe is the basil cream sauce! It’s creamy, garlicky, and slightly sweet. Add the sauce on top of the pizza, or dunk it in the sauce! It’s so delicious, and it pairs really well with the smoked tempeh!
The ingredients you need to make this easy basil cream sauce:
- Fresh basil leaves
- Garlic cloves
- Cashew Butter – this is what makes this sauce super creamy. You barely notice the cashew flavor when everything is blended up. We like to use Artisana Cashew Butter and Maisie Jane’s Creamy Cashew Butter.
- Lemon Juice – add a little acidity to balance everything out.
- Dijon Mustard – adds a nice tangy flavor with a little spice.
- Salt and pepper
Tips for making the smoked tempeh:
I like to sauté the crumbled tempeh with spices, maple syrup, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. I sauté it for about 10 minutes. This enhances the spices and flavor. The pizza only takes about 10-12 minutes (depending on the size of the pizza dough you use) to make. When you sauté the tempeh first and then add it to the pizza before making it, the tempeh becomes more crispy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
It takes about 10 minutes to prep all the ingredients. The pizza takes about 10-12 minutes to make, depends on the size of the pizza dough. We like to sauté the tempeh first before adding it to the pizza. This takes about 10-minutes.
Store pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot. We like to add olive oil to a pan and love how it crisps up the pizza crust. Goodbye to soggy leftover pizza dough.
This is truly a great vegan pizza recipe! It’s full of flavor, packed with plant-based protein, and super delicious. We hope you all enjoy it! ♡
If you love this recipe, try one of these delicious vegan pizza recipes next:
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.