Welcome back to another Pizza Friday! This week we are sharing our Simple Vegan Margherita Pizza! This pizza is made with vegan mozzarella cheese, and it’s super flavorful! You won’t even realize this is a dairy-free pizza because it has a delicious cheesy flavor.
What we love about this vegan pizza is how delicious it is! We used Miyoko’s Creamery Organic Cashew Milk Mozzarella Cheese, and wow! It’s so tasty. It has a very nice creamy texture and goes so well with tomatoes, basil, and garlic olive oil. Y’all are going to love this pizza, whether you’re vegan or not!
Ingredients you’ll need to make delicious vegan pizza:
- Pizza dough – homemade or store-bought. We used our 72-hour pizza dough for this recipe, and after it baked, there were so many air pockets and flavor. Totally delicious!
- Heirloom Tomato Slices or Campari Tomato Slices – We used heirloom tomatoes for this recipe, but feel free to use regular tomato slices here.
- Garlicky Olive Oil: olive oil, garlic clove, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes – This is our favorite go-to pizza sauce. It adds so much flavor to the pizza!
- Fresh chopped basil because what’s a Margherita pizza without basil?
- Miyoko’s Creamery Organic Cashew Milk Mozzarella Cheese – This vegan cheese has so much flavor, great texture, and it’s super creamy. While the cheese doesn’t melt as fast as the pizza cooks, it melts enough to make that delicious cheesy texture. Miyoko’s Creamery cheeses are high-quality and made with natural ingredients and always our go-to vegan cheese. If you haven’t tried their cheeses yet, you need to make this pizza. You will be hooked.
Steps to making this Vegan Margherita Pizza:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to the highest temperature (500°F or 550°F) your oven can get.
Step 2: Make the Garlicky Olive Oil Sauce. Mince the garlic and add it to a small bowl with olive oil and a pinch of salt, black pepper, and red chili flakes. Stir to combine.
Step 3: Prep the pizza dough. Roll it out. Spread the Garlicky Olive Oil sauce evenly on top. Add sliced tomatoes and generously sprinkle diced vegan mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
Step 4: Bake at the highest temperature (500-550° F); your oven can get for about 10 minutes, or until doneness.
Step 5: Add chopped basil leaves, and a pinch of black pepper and red pepper flakes on top before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Prep: 10 minutes to make the sauce and to prep the ingredients and the pizza
Bake: The pizza takes about 10 minutes to make, depends on the size of the pizza dough.
Total: 20 minutes
Store pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot. We like to add olive oil to a pan and love how it crisps up the pizza crust. Goodbye to soggy leftover pizza dough.
This pizza pairs best with a Chardonnay. The gentle notes of citrus pairs nicely with this vegan Margherita Pizza perfectly. We selected a Buttery Chardonnay from Paso Robles, Califonia, from Tooth and Nail Winery. Super yum and delish.
This Vegan Margherita Pizza recipe is really delicious and unique! It’s full of flavor, dairy-free but cheesy, and super delicious. Vegans and non-vegans will love this pizza! We hope you all enjoy it! ♡
If you love this vegan pizza recipe, try one of these recipes:
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.