These Coconut Rhubarb Scones are filled with fresh rhubarb and topped with a Sweet Strawberry Glaze! These are some of our favorite scones to make in the Spring. Hello, fresh rhubarb and strawberry season!
They are simple to make, fluffy, moist, fruity, and semi-sweet, and absolutely tasty!
Coconut Rhubarb Scones Ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour – We like using unbleached flour when baking scones. They give a nice texture to the scones.
- Baking Powder – Gives these scones the perfect rise!
- Salt – Always necessary for baking goods because it brings everything together!
- Egg (or sub flaxseed for vegan) – We tested both options, and the scones turned out perfect each time.
- Virgin Coconut oil – Gives these scones that coconut flavor and nice texture! We love getting our coconut oil from Thrive Market.
- Cinnamon – Pairs nicely with the fruitiness of the strawberries and roasted rhubarb.
- Rhubarb – When roasted, it adds a sweet and fruity flavor. Rhubarb is also slightly tart, which is why the sweetness of strawberries makes it a winning pair.
- Cane Sugar – Add a nice sweetness to the scones.
- Nut Milk – Makes the scones flaky and moist inside. We used Cali Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk here for extra coconut notes, but feel free to use any nut milk you have on hand.
- Powdered Sugar – Makes a nice sweet glaze flavor with the lemon juice.
- Store the scones in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If the scones seem too hard, pop them in the microwave for about 5 seconds! YUM!
We hope you all love these Coconut Rhubarb Scones! They are flaky, have the perfect amount of rhubarb, sugar, and coconut, and are absolutely tasty! Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.