It’s been hectic around here lately and quiet too. Tons of things have happened or about to be happening. If I had to describe it in one word, it would be: change. — but the good kind of change and I will be sharing this soon!
Since Mother’s Day is approaching, I wanted to share these beauts with you! These scones are a matchmaker in heaven; fluffy, moist, fruity and semi-sweet! These scones are super easy to make and take about 25 minutes altogether. These scones are the perfect treat to make the morning of Mother’s Day! Add one of these scones as part of a hearty breakfast in bed, or make for the whole family to enjoy together! I hope you all love them!
Until next time friends, Namaste! ♥
Coconut Rhubarb Scones with a Strawberry Glaze
These Coconut Rhubarb Scones are filled with fresh rhubarb and topped with a Sweet Strawberry Glaze! The perfect sweet scone for breakfast!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut almond milk (or, sub any nut milk) I used Califia Farms
- 1/2 cup coconut oil room temperature
- 1/3 cup cane sugar + more for dusting
- 1 flax egg *
- 1/4 cup fresh rhubarb diced
Strawberry Glaze Ingredients:
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted (not hot)
- 1 cup powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the coconut oil to a bowl and smash with a fork. Add the sugar, the nut milk, and the flax egg to the bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add the diced rhubarb to the remaining dry ingredients and to coat rhubarb with flour. Add the flour and rhubarb to the mixture and mix until dough forms.
Transfer the dough to a floured surface and use your hands to form into a circle with the 1 inch in height. Cut the circle into 8 even wedges and gently transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
Sprinkle a pinch of cane sugar on top of each scone and bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Transfer the scones to a cooling rack and make the Strawberry Glaze.
Strawberry Glaze Instructions:
Add the coconut oil with fresh strawberries to a food processor, or blender and blend until a purée forms.
Add 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil and strawberry mixture to a bowl and add 1 cup of powder sugar. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Drizzle the glaze on top of the scones before enjoying!
Flax Egg Instructions:
Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 2 tablespoons of cold, filtered water. Before using, the mixture should sit for a few minutes to form into a sticky paste.