It’s been hectic around here lately and quiet too. Tons of things have happened or about to be happening. If I had to describe it in one word, it would be: change. — but the good kind of change and I will be sharing this soon!
Since Mother’s Day is approaching, I wanted to share these beauts with you! These scones are a matchmaker in heaven; fluffy, moist, fruity and semi-sweet! These scones are super easy to make and take about 25 minutes altogether. These scones are the perfect treat to make the morning of Mother’s Day! Add one of these scones as part of a hearty breakfast in bed, or make for the whole family to enjoy together! I hope you all love them!
Until next time friends, Namaste! ♥
Coconut Rhubarb Scones with a Strawberry Glaze
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut almond milk I used Califia Farms
- 1/2 cup coconut oil room temperature
- 1/3 cup cane sugar + more for dusting
- 1 flax egg *
- 1/4 cup fresh rhubarb diced
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted (not hot)
- 1 cup powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the coconut oil to a bowl and smash with a fork. Add the sugar, the coconut almond milk, and the flax egg to the bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add the diced rhubarb to the remaining dry ingredients and to coat rhubarb with flour. Add in the flour and rhubarb to the mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and use your hands to form into a circle with the 1 inch in height. Cut the circle into 8 even wedges and gently transfer the scones to the baking sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of cane sugar on top of each scone and bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- While the scones are cooling, blend the coconut oil with the fresh strawberries. Take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and add 1 cup of powder sugar. Mix until creamy. Remove the scones from the oven to cool for about 5 minutes before drizzling the strawberry glaze on top. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes* to make the flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 2 tablespoons of cold, filtered water. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes before using.