This Stuffed Chipotle Bell Peppers recipe is vegan, healthy, and super delicious that puts a spin to taco-night! Plus, it’s super easy to make!
Growing up, my mom would make Mexican Stuffed Peppers all the time with ground beef and tons of cheese. While I still love the traditional Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe, I wanted to make a healthier alternative (without grease and cheese). That’s when this recipe was created.
Ingredients you’ll need to make these Healthy Chipotle Stuffed Peppers:
- Bell peppers – Our favorites are the red, orange, yellow ones. They have such a juicy flavor when they are roasted.
- Black beans – for that plant-based protein and fiber.
- Quinoa – for extra plant-based protein and texture.
- Avocado oil
- White onion
- Garlic cloves
- Sweet potatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- Spices: cumin powder, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Lime juice
- Chipotle Pepper Adobo Seasoning – We like Frontera’s brand as it has a nice smoky flavor.
To serve, we like to add hot sauce, avocado, and our Cilantro Jalapeño Crema on-top. Our Crema adds another layer of flavor, and it’s so delicious! The crema can be made ahead of time and be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. It’s optional, but we highly recommend it.
How to make Stuffed Peppers:
- Prepare the filling ingredients first by cooking the quinoa, chopping up the veggies, and sauteing them.
- Slice the bell peppers in half to remove the veins and seeds.
- Add the filling ingredients to the bell peppers and carefully place them in a 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake the bell peppers for 30 minutes covered at 400 degrees F and then an additional 20-25 minutes uncovered until the peppers are tender.
This Chipotle Stuffed Peppers recipe is easy to make as it is delicious! It’s perfect for those busy weeks when your nights are on-the-go, and you need something healthy, and quick, and easy to make! Leftovers are just as delicious as the first night. We hope you all love these healthy Mexican stuffed peppers as much as we do! Enjoy. ♡
If you love this recipe, try one of these healthy stuffed recipes:
- The Best Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Stuffed Acorn Squash Salad
- Berbere-Spiced Lentils Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.