Welcome back to another Pizza Friday (Aka, Monday, because this pizza is a must for the New Year celebration this Friday, and I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you)!
This Easy Veggie Pizza is my mom’s favorite go-to appetizer to make for family functions and parties. It’s easy to make, loaded with raw veggies, and super delicious! She made this pizza every year for as long as I can remember. Possibly even before I was born. With spending the holidays apart because of COVID, I knew I had to make this pizza for our virtual party, so it felt like we were truly together!
She sent over her recipe, and after a few tweaks to the ingredients she used, the recipe was a hit! Picky kids and adults (aka, looking at you, Jake) who avoid raw veggies like cauliflower and broccoli will love this pizza! If you are curious, yes, Jake absolutely loves this recipe. His words: when there is a ton of flavor, cauliflower can be delicious. HA!
The ingredients you will need to make this Easy Veggie Pizza:
- Crescent Rolls: Makes the buttery/flakey crust. So good. We used Immaculate Baking Crescent Rolls, but Pillsbury Crescent Rolls work too.
- Cream Cheese: Gives that soft and creamy flavor.
- Mayonnaise: Balances nicely with the cream cheese and ranch seasoning. We used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo.
- Ranch Seasoning: We used Spiceology’s Really Ranch Salt-Free Seasoning. It’s one of our favorites when it comes to ranch seasoning. If you haven’t heard of Spiceology yet, I highly recommend checking them out. They have a loyalty program and some of the BEST spices. Their spices are made with high-quality ingredients and don’t have extra preservatives as some spice blends do. My mom uses Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning for this recipe. Still, they have several preservatives listed in their ingredients, so we opted out and used a different brand (aka Spiceology!) that has ingredients we can actually pronounce.
- Veggies: Shredded Carrots, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, and diced red bell pepper.
- Cheese: Sharp Cheddar and White Cheddar Cheese
How to make this Easy Veggie Pizza?
- Roll out the crescent dough, bake, cool.
- Whip together the sauce.
- Cut, dice, and shred the veggies.
- Shred some cheese.
- Put everything together and dig-in!
Okay, now I bet you are asking… What Wine Pairs with this delicious Easy Veggie Pizza… No worries, I got you!
Easy Veggie Pizza Wine Pairings:
We selected an off-dry Riesling to pair with this pizza. The crisp, slight touch of sweetness of the wine complements the raw veggies and creamy sauce perfectly. Every sip after each bite offers a nice contrast making it a perfect match.
The wine we selected is from Stonegait Winery, located within the Grand River Valley Wine Region in Ohio. Riesling wine can range from very dry to very sweet, so we recommend pairing this Easy Pizza with either a semi-dry or off-dry Riesling. Another option is to pair with a crisp white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.
We hope you all love this pizza! Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.