In the next couple of weeks, we are going to be celebrating the completion of my partner in crime (aka Jay’s) five years of surgical residency! I can’t believe it is here either; these past years went by so fast! With all of the hustle and bustle, we are super excited to start this new journey; aka one year of fellowship in a very small town in Pennsylvania! — more on that later!
With his graduation approaching, our house is going to be filled with tons of family and friends to celebrate this big graduation ceremony! & since this is the time of graduation and celebration festivities, this healthy bruschetta will come a long way to keep our guest pre-occupied! This bruschetta is super delicious, hearty, and has a nice sweet bite from the maple balsamic glaze! Plus, it’s super simple to make! The glaze and roasted cherry tomatoes can also be made ahead of time too! This appetizer can also be paired with a nice dinner or can be the perfect daytime snack! I hope you and your guest love em!
Until next time friends, Namaste! ♥
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups dices cherry tomatoes
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 French baguette, cut into slices
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 avocados
- Mix balsamic vinegar with the maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the glaze is reduced by half; about 20 minutes. The glaze should coat the back of a spoon. Let the glaze cool and pour into a jar with a lid; store in the refrigerator.
- While the glaze is simmering, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil. Add the diced cherry tomatoes and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the cherry tomatoes for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until they burst and become juicy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cut the French baguette into slices and toast in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mash the avocado with the fork and add it to the toasted slices. Top with roasted cherry tomatoes, chopped basil and drizzle some of the maple balsamic glaze on top and serve immediately!