I posted a picture of a Cucumber Minto Mojito on Instagram a while back but forgot the tonic water (aka club soda). When I finally made it to the store to pick some up, I was shocked to see that high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) was an ingredient in almost every brand of club sodas on the shelf. The only selection in the store that contained 1-ingredient (carbonation) and was overall natural, was San Pellegrino’s natural tonic water. The price difference of this tonic water compared to the others was negligible, so it was no brainer to go the San Pellegrino way. I stay away from food/beverages that contain HFCS because it’s just not good for your body! When HFCS is metabolized and broken down in the body, its metabolite is only one chain reaction away from becoming fat (aka the building block of fat called glycerol). So, no thank-you!
This Cucumber & Watermelon Mint Mojito is refreshing, simple to make and made with natural ingredients! It’s the perfect beverage for happy hours and entertaining! I hope you all love it!
Until next time friends, Namaste! ♥
Cucumber & Watermelon Mint Mojito
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 watermelon cubes plus more for garnish
- 10 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1.7 ounces 50 ml white rum, such as Bacardi
- 1 cup crushed ice *
- 1/4 cup club soda I used San Pellegrino
- Cucumber slices for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, add lime juice, mint leaves, and sugar. Gently muddle 7-8 times to infuse the flavor.
- Add watermelon and gently muddle 4-5 times again to release the juices.
- Top with white rum and gently stir with a cucumber slice to combine. Add the crush ice and top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a bit more crushed ice, mint, and watermelon to serve.
* In place of crushed ice, blend watermelon and insert into ice cube trays. Freeze for 2-hours before adding to the beverage.