Velvety Beetroot & Raspberry Smoothie
This Velvety Beetroot & Raspberry Smoothie is creamy, flavorful, and packed with nutrients.
Servings 2 people
- 2 cups nut milk unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 beetroot * small size, peeled and diced
- 1 cup raspberries I recommend using frozen
- ½ avocado ripe, skin removed
- 2 tbsp cacao powder plus more to taste (1 tbsp at a time)
- 6 dates ** pitted
Optional - To Serve:
- cacao powder for dusting
- fresh raspberries
- chocolate granola
Place nut milk first to the high-powered blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend on high until completely smooth.
Taste and adjust the flavor if needed: 1/2 avocado for more creaminess, an extra date for more sweetness, or 1 tbsp cacao powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
Pour into two glasses, add desired toppings (optional) and serve.
* use cooked beets if you do not own a high-powered blender.
** use soft dates in this recipe. If your dates are hard, soak in warm water for 5 minutes before adding to the blender.