This Velvety Beetroot & Raspberry Smoothie is creamy, flavorful, and packed with nutrients.
- 2 cups nut milk (unsweetened almond or cashew milk)
- 1 beetroot * (small size, peeled and diced)
- 1 cup raspberries (I recommend using frozen)
- 1/2 avocado (ripe, skin removed)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (plus more to taste (1 tbsp at a time))
- 6 dates ** (pitted)
Optional – To Serve:
- cacao powder for dusting
- fresh raspberries
- chocolate granola
- Place nut milk first to the high-powered blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust the flavor if needed: 1/2 avocado for more creaminess, an extra date for more sweetness, or 1 tbsp cacao powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
- Pour into two glasses, add desired toppings (optional) and serve.
* use cooked beets if you do not own a high-powered blender.
** use soft dates in this recipe. If your dates are hard, soak in warm water for 5 minutes before adding to the blender.
- Category: Beverage, Smoothie