These Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are vegan, gluten-free, simple to make, and mega-tasty! A delicious treat for any occasion!
The bottom layer:
- 1/2 cup crushed salted pretzels (we used Quinn’s gluten-free salty pretzels)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
The middle layer:
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 strawberries, cut into small pieces
The top layer:
- 1, 3.2 oz of your favorite chocolate bar (if you want to cover the entire bars in chocolate, you will need 2, 3.2 oz chocolate bars)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×5 pan with parchment paper.
- Add pretzels to a food processor to break up the pretzels and combine with the almond flour, melted coconut oil, and honey in a bowl.
- Mix and transfer to the prepared 9×5 pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes.
- To the same food processor, add 8-10 strawberries and blend them into a puree. You want about 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.
- Add strawberry puree, cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to a small saucepan. Stir all ingredients with a spatula over medium-high heat until it gets thick in texture (about 5 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the strawberry pieces. Add the mixture over the bottom layer and place the pan in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and cut it into individual bars.
- Melt your favorite chocolate bar with coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat (about 2 minutes). Stir with a spatula until fully melted.
- By using a knife, carefully cut the bars into 8 long bars. Either drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the bars or dunk the top of the bar to coat the middle layer.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and enjoy. The chocolate should harden within seconds. If it doesn’t, transfer it back to the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking, Freezing
Keywords: strawberry, vegan, gluten-free, valentines day, strawberry cheesecake bars, chocolate