This easy, low-carb Pizza Stuffed Chicken is full of flavor and delicious. Perfect for those who are craving a healthy pizza alternative.
Pizza Stuffed Chicken:
- 2, 7 oz chicken breasts
- 3–4 slices of fresh mozzarella (we used BelGioioso Mozzarella)
- 1/3 cup smoked mozzarella, plus more to serve
- 1/2 tsp of Spiceology Pizza Pie Spice Blend
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup marinara, homemade or store-bought (we like Roa’s Marinara)
- Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- Cooked Broccolini
- Side Salad
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut a pocket in the middle of the chicken breast.
- Place 1-2 slices of mozzarella in each pocket of the chicken breast and sprinkle smoked mozzarella and the Pizza Pie Spice Blend on top. Carefully close the chicken and season both sides of the chicken breast with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and turn the burner on to medium heat. Carefully transfer the stuffed chicken breast to the pan. Cook the chicken breast on one side for about 5-7 minutes, or until browned on the bottom.
- Flip the chicken and add marinara sauce to the pan. Cover and continue cooking for about 7-10 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Transfer cooked Pizza Stuffed Chicken and a generous amount of the marinara sauce to serving plates. At this time, add your preferred vegetable (spaghetti squash or broccolini) or serve with a side salad.
- Garnish with fresh basil and extra smoked mozzarella cheese.
To reduce calories and carbs, cut cooked pizza stuffed chicken in half.
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: Pizza Friday, Pinot Noir, Pizza, Pizza Stuffed Chicken, Bariatric Friendly, Whole30 Friendly, Chicken, Healthy Dinner