This Overnight Pizza Dough is super easy to make with minimal ingredients. Baked to perfection with tons of flavor and texture!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of water
- scant 1/8 teaspoon of instant dried yeast
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 + 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Make the Poolish:
- Warm 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of water in the microwave to a temperature of 80°F.
- Add a scant of 1/8 teaspoon of yeast to the warmed water and let sit for a few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of flour to a bowl, and then add the water with the yeast.
- Mix with a spatula to combine then mix by hand until fully incorporated.
- Place a kitchen towel on top of the bowl covering the mixture, and place the bowl in the microwave with the light on underneath. Leave untouched for about 12-14 hours.
Make the Final Dough:
- Take the Poolish out of the microwave to confirm it’s ready. You will know because there should be bubbles on top (see picture in blog post).
- Warm 1/2 cup of water in the microwave to a temperature of 80°F.
- Add 2 cups of flour, 2 and 1/8 teaspoon salt, and the warmed water to the poolish. Wet your hand and mix everything together. You may need to wet your hand a few more times.
- Once mixed, start folding the dough to fully integrate all the ingredients together. You will need to fold for about 5 minutes to get a nice soft dough. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fold the dough again by working in a circle. Once done, add one more tablespoon of olive oil and smooth it on top.
- Place kitchen towel on top of the bowl and place in the microwave with the light on underneath. Leave untouched for about 6 hours, or until you see the dough has doubled in size.
Divide the dough into 2 balls:
- Flour your surface and gently ease the dough out of the bowl. Dust the top of the dough and cut into two equal-size pieces with a dough scraper or knife.
- Flour each piece and fold one time around.
- Flour a baking sheet and place both pieces on top and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat oven to the highest temperature it can go, anywhere from 500 to 550°F.
- Place baking sheet on top of the stove while the oven preheats. Let the dough rest for about 30-minutes before using.
- The dough balls should have doubled in size. Use right away by rolling the dough flat, or out them in zip lock backs and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. After 24 hours, use the pizza dough or store in the freeze for up to 1 month.
See tips in the blog post, above.
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: homemade pizza dough, the best pizza dough, poolish pizza dough, overnight pizza dough