These Mini Dessert Pizzas are simple to make, perfect for special occasions, and mega-delicious!
Cinnamon-Sugar Pizza Dough:
- 2, 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1, 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water, warmed to 80 degrees F
- 1, 1/8 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1, 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture: 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Putting it all together:
- Strawberry slices (sub: kiwi, blueberries, and blackberries)
- Shaved chocolate
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread like Nutella (We used Wild Friend’s Chocolate Hazelnut Spread)
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao powder
- Make the dough the day before. Warm the water in the microwave to 80 degrees F. Add honey, and add sugar and yeast on top. Let it sit for 2 minutes and mix with a spoon.
- Toss flour, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl (or used a stand mixer). Add the wet ingredients to the center and mix in a stand mixer using the dough hook, or mix with your hands in a medium bowl until you get a soft dough (about 5-8 minutes).
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead a few times. Use a dough cutter to cut into small pieces (weighing about 65 grams) and roll them into small balls. Transfer the dough balls to a plastic bag and place them in the refrigerator to ferment for at least 24 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F or as high as it can get, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and use your hands to spread the dough by making small round pizzas. Add the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small bowl and toss 1 tsp of cinnamon with 1 tbsp of sugar in another bowl. Use a pastry brush to brush melted butter on top of the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven and use a spoon to flatten the center. The tops may have poofed, but that’s okay! Let the dough cool for about 10 minutes.
- Make the filling. Whisk together the mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and powdered sugar in a small bowl
- Make individual mini dessert pizzas. Add about 2 tbsp of the filling to the center and add your toppings (strawberry slices, coconut flakes, shaved chocolate, and chocolate hazelnut spread). Enjoy!
Store mini pizzas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Sweets, Pizzas
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: mini dessert pizzas, dessert pizzas, strawberries, valentines day, special occasions, vegetarian