Welcome back to another Pizza Friday. Instead of sharing a savory and hot pizza recipe, we thought to change things up and share our Mini Dessert Pizzas! These are the best dessert pizzas and perfect for special occasions. They are simple to make and mega-delicious!
Plus, these are super fun to make at home with the family. Everyone can make their own!
Ingredients to make the Mini Dessert Pizzas:
Cinnamon-Sugar Pizza Dough:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Water – We tested this recipe with both water and milk, and we found that water worked best here with the texture. Water makes the dough more pillowy; whereas, milk made it denser.
- Active Dry Yeast
- Honey – Adds sweetness to the dough.
- Sugar – Helps with the fermentation process and feeds the yeast to make it more active.
- Mascarpone Cheese – Rich and creamy and goes well with fruit and chocolate! Mascarpone has a mild flavor, so we added the below ingredients to make this a delicious and yummy filling!
- Vanilla Extract
- Lemon Juice
- Powdered Sugar
Putting it all together:
- Strawberry Slices – Feel free to mix it up and use any fruit you have on hand. We like to add kiwi, blueberries, and blackberries too!
- Shaved Chocolate
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread like Nutella. We used Wild Friend’s Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. It’s so good and creamy.
- Coconut Flakes
- Cacao Powder
Instructions on how to make the Pizza Dough:
- Make the dough the day before. Mix the dough ingredients in a stand mixer using the dough hook, or mix with your hands until you get a soft dough. Knead the dough on a floured surface a few times and then use a dough cutter to cut into small pieces (weighing about 65 grams) and roll them into small balls. Transfer the dough balls to a plastic bag and place them in the refrigerator to ferment for at least 24 hours. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F or as high as it can get. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Flour a surface and use your hands to spread the dough to make small round pizzas. Add the dough to the baking sheet and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small bowl and toss 1 tsp of cinnamon with 1 tbsp of sugar in another bowl. Use a pastry brush to brush melted butter on top of the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven and use a spoon to flatten the center. Let the dough cool for about 10 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing all the ingredients and then assemble the pizza dough. Add about 2 tbsp of the filling to the center and add your toppings.
We hope you all love these mini dessert pizzas! The dough is slightly sweet and has nice cinnamon notes. The filling is creamy and has a luscious flavor, and pairs nicely with the strawberries, chocolate, and coconut flakes. These do take some time to make, but they are super simple to make and absolutely amazing! They are a great dessert to make when you want to treat yourself and others! Enjoy! ♡
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & Tracey
This post contains affiliate links.