This Margherita Pizza is super easy to make at home in your oven. It’s very delicious and topped with fresh pizza sauce made from tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. This Margherita Pizza recipe is the best, and we guarantee you’ll want to make this home pizza over and over again!
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 550 degrees F or as high as it can get. You want your oven as hot as possible.
- Prepare pizza dough. Flour the surface and flour a rolling pin to roll the dough from the center to the edges until the circle is about half an inch thick. Once fully rolled out, place parchment paper on your pizza peel, gently pick up the dough, and lay it on top.
- Add about 1/3 cup of marinara and spread it evenly on the dough with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
- Gently slide pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. If needed, turn on the broiler on high to make the cheese extra brown on top. Be careful not to burn the pizza, as this process goes quickly.
- Remove pizza from the oven and add fresh chopped basil on top.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: Pizza Friday, Easy Pizza Recipe, Margherita Pizza, Homemade Pizza, Vegetarian Pizza, Mozzarella Cheese, Pinot Noir Wine Pairing