This Homemade Cheesy Calabrese Pizza is simple to make, savory, slightly spicy, and very delicious! Perfect for Friday pizza night!
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 550 degrees F or as high as it can get. You want your oven as hot as possible.
- Prepare pizza dough. Flour the surface and flour a rolling pin to roll the dough from the center to the edges until the circle is about half an inch thick. Once fully rolled out, place parchment paper on your pizza peel, gently pick up the dough, and lay it on top.
- Add about 1/3 cup of marinara and spread it evenly on the dough with the back of a spoon.
- Add sliced tomatoes and spicy calabrese, and sprinkle the white cheddar cheese and Havarti cheese evenly on top.
- Gently slide pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. If needed, turn on the broiler on high to make the cheese extra brown on top. Be careful not to burn the pizza, as this process goes quickly.
- Remove pizza from the oven, add minced basil leaves on top, and cut into slices to serve immediately.
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: Calabrese pizza, Cheesy Pizza, Pizza Friday, Homemade Pizza, Wine Pairing, Cabernet, Shiraz, White Cheddar Cheese, Havarti, Calabrese