Welcome back to another Pizza Friday! This week we got the Best Homemade Cheesy Calabrese Pizza! It’s simple to make, savory, slightly spicy, and very delicious!
Homemade Cheesy Calabrese Pizza Ingredients:
- Pizza dough – homemade or store-bought
- Marinara – homemade or store-bought. If I had to choose, I would make homemade marinara because it’s crazy easy! Our homemade marinara is ready in 10 minutes! Rao’s Marinara Sauce is also a good fall-back.
- Tomatoes – For extra tomato goodness.
- White Cheddar Cheese – Adds nice flavor and pairs nicely with meatballs.
- Havarti Cheese – Adds nice creamy notes. If you haven’t tried Havarti cheese on your pizza, you are missing out. It’s super creamy and flavorful.
- Calabrese – We like to buy spicy Calabrese from whole foods. It’s not super spicy, but it has a ton of flavor and goes well with the melted cheese, tomato sauce, and sliced tomatoes.
- Basil – Optional, but adds a nice herby flavor with each bite.
Wine Pairings Ideas:
We selected a Cabernet Sauvignon to pair with this homemade Cheesy Calabrese Pizza. However, a full-bodied to a medium-bodied wine like Cabernet Franc, Merlot, or Shiraz would pair nicely. Every sip after each bite enhances the flavor more and more, making it a perfect match.
Don’t forget to make the best overnight pizza dough to go with your pizza Fridays! We hope you all love this pizza! It’s simple to make, savory, slightly spicy, and very delicious!
Need more pizza recipe ideas? Be sure to check out some of our other favorites: the best Margherita pizza, the best homemade meatball pizza, the best veggie pizza, or everything bagel Margherita pizza.
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.