These Sweet Pepper Polenta Pizza Bites make a great snack or appetizer. They are filled with flavor and absolutely delicious. Everyone will want seconds. I thought of making sweet pepper pizza bites but found some polenta in the pantry that was expiring soon, so I diced up some cubes and added them to the filling, and WOW, they made the pizza bites extra hearty and delicious! Y’all are going to love this recipe!
Sweet Pepper Polenta Pizza Bites Ingredients:
- 10-15 medium-large sweet peppers – We love to eat sweet peppers over bell peppers because they have more flavor and are sweeter. The red sweet pepper pizza bites are the best in flavor, but the yellow and orange ones are just as yummy.
- Marinara – either homemade or store-bought. We like using our homemade marinara as you don’t need much sauce to fill these sweet peppers. Rao’s Marinara is also good.
- Polenta Tube diced into cubes: Has a firm, creamy texture, with a light corn flavor. They get soft when the sweet pepper bakes. YUM. We usually buy Whole Foods 365 Polenta or Ancient Harvest Polenta.
- Mozzarella – pairs nicely with polenta and the marinara sauce.
- Basil – adds a nice herby flavor with each bite.
How-To Make these Sweet Pepper Polenta Pizza Bites:
- Using a utility knife, cut a triangle on one side of the sweet pepper, and place it aside.
- Scrape out the seeds with your finger or with a small spoon. Rinse the sweet peppers to get rid of any lingering seeds.
- Chop the cut-out sweet pepper triangles into small pieces.
- Add the marinara sauce, the sweet pepper pieces, diced polenta cubes, shredded mozzarella inside the sweet pepper, and put them in the oven to bake!
Storage / Leftovers:
Best when fresh, but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat leftovers in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes with foil covering them.
We hope you all love these pizza bites. They are the perfect appetizer to make for parties! They will be gone before you know it! Enjoy!
Need other pizza appetizer recipes? Check out our delicious Sweet Potato Pizza Bites.
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.