This Strawberry Lime Margarita Recipe is simple to make, fruity, sweet, slightly spicy, and super tasty! It’s a great refreshing drink to enjoy during the warmer days with friends and family.
Strawberry Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (about 8–10 strawberries)
- 2 tsp Spiceology Chile Margarita Seasoning or substitute 1 jalapeno (sliced) – or omit
Strawberry Lime Margarita – Makes 1 Drink:
- 2 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz Strawberry Simple Syrup
- To serve: Lime Wedge, Strawberries, and Salt for rimming the glass
Strawberry Simple Syrup Instructions:
- To a medium pot, add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup sliced strawberries, and 2 tsp of the Chile Margarita Seasoning or jalapeño slices (or omit if avoiding spice).
- Over medium heat, stir together until the sugar dissolves and the strawberries break down and release their juice.
- Remove from the heat to cool for 5 minutes, and transfer to a blender to purée. Transfer to a glass jar and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To an ice-filled cocktail shaker, add the Tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and the strawberry simple syrup by using a jigger. Shake until chilled.
- By using a lime wedge, moisten the rim of a glass, and flip the glass upside down and dip it in salt. Add ice to the glass and carefully pour the drink over the ice. Garnish with a fresh strawberry before serving.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Simmer, Blending
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: Margarita, Strawberry, Lime, Strawberry Margarita, Beverages