This Spiced Cranberry Margarita is quick, easy, tasty, and perfect for toasting during the holidays! Or, any happy hour, really…Cheers!
Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 cup of sugar (cane or turbinado)
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger
- peel of 1 orange
Spiced Cranberry Margarita:
- 2 ounces tequila (such as Patron)
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- 2 ounces spiced cranberry simple syrup
- 1-ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
Spiced Salt Rim:
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (Cane or turbinado)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
To make the Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup (make-ahead ~about 2 hours):
- Add all ingredients (1 cup of filtered water, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of fresh cranberries, 4 cinnamon sticks, 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, and peel of 1 orange) into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, mixing often with a spatula, and simmer for about 5-7 minutes until the cranberries start to burst.
- Once cranberries are broken down, remove from the heat and cool for about 25 minutes. Strain the spiced cranberry simple syrup into a glass, and place the glass in the fridge for at least 2 hours before using. If you prefer to have the residual cranberries in your margarita, discard the ginger, orange peel, and cinnamon sticks before storing the Spiced Simple Syrup in the fridge, in a glass container.
To make the Spiced Salt Rim:
- Add all ingredients (2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger) to a bowl and toss to combine.
To make 1 margarita:
- Salt the rim of your glass. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all the ingredients (2 ounces tequila, 2 ounces Cointreau, 2 ounces spiced cranberry simple syrup and 1-ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice). Shake until combined and then strain into your prepared glass. Serve with fresh cranberries, a cinnamon stick, and/or a fresh lime wedge.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: Spiced cranberry margarita, simple holiday drinks, simple margarita recipe, spiced cranberry recipes, cranberry recipes, cranberry drink recipes, easy margarita recipe, easy holiday drinks