These cookies are tender, flavorful, festive, easy to make, and chocolatey. The best holiday cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cane sugar and 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate, coarsely chopped chocolate or chips
- vegan caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, add wet ingredients: butter, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Beat with a whisk and mix until combined and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, toss to combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Use 1 tablespoon cookie dough scoop, and transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet, separating 1-1.5 inches apart. Press dough down with your fingertips to flatten.
- In a small bowl, toss to combine the remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 2 teaspoons cane sugar. Generously sprinkle mixture on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- While baking, melt 3/4 cup of chocolate in a separate bowl. Melt over a double boiler or in the microwave, mixing in increments.
- Remove the cookies from the oven to cool completely, about 7-10 minutes. Dip the cooled cookie in melted chocolate and place back on the baking sheet. Add 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce, sprinkle coconut flakes on top and then drizzle with extra chocolate.
- Store in the freezer to firm up ~ about 10 minutes, or in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, enjoy! Store cookies in glass Tupperware at room temperature.
To add more flavor – Toast coconut flakes before adding them to the cookies.
- Category: Sweets, Cookies, Holiday
- Method: Baking
Keywords: holiday cookies, vegan caramel, sugar cookies, chocolate