Behold the best soup ever: Smoked Paprika Chicken and Kale Soup! This soup is packed with tons of protein, veggies, and it’s super nutritious and flavorful! It’s easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and one-pot! It’s a very balanced meal for any night of the week!
Smoked Paprika Chicken and Kale Soup Ingredients:
- Chicken Tenders – They are the easiest to cook as they are cut into strips making the cooking time very even.
- Great Northern Beans – Canned or homemade – I prefer to make beans in my instant pot the day of the recipe. It’s cheaper and adds more flavor to your recipe. We get most of our dried beans from Thrive Market.
- Sweet Onion and Garlic – For flavor, plus what soup does not have onion and garlic?
- Kale – Loaded with tons of nutrients, plus it’s a great weight-friendly vegetable. It adds a nice chewy texture.
- Chicken Broth – For additional protein and flavor.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a little acidity and brings the soup together.
- Spices: Smoked and Sweet Paprika, Oregano, Red Chili Flakes, Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil
Tips for Making this Smoked Paprika Chicken and Kale Soup:
- Blend-up half of the soup before adding the chicken and kale. The beans add thickness that makes the soup come together perfectly. Use either an immersion blender or a regular blender to blend it up!
- Adjust the Red Pepper Flakes to your flavor. Taste and adjust if needed by adding more or less spice to the soup, if you prefer.
Store this soup in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can wait until the soup cools to room temperature and carefully pour the soup into Souper Cubes to freeze for up to 1 month. The Souper Cubes are perfect for freezing leftovers, help with portion control, and great for meal prepping. We use them often, especially when making soups, broths, or chili.
Add leftovers to a pot and cook over medium heat until hot. Stirring occasionally. Alternatively, you can add it to a microwave-safe bowl and warm up 1.5 min increments. Frozen soup can be thawed out the night before or the day of in the refrigerator.
This Smoked Paprika Chicken and Kale Soup is made in one pot, perfectly seasoned, and full of protein. It’s an easy weeknight meal and even more delicious the next day! We hope you all love it! Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & Tracey
This post contains affiliate links.