This Slow Cooker Sweet Pulled Pork Recipe is super easy to make, full of flavor, tender, and very delicious. Serve as sandwiches or as a main meal with veggies on the side.
Spice Rub Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- A pinch of Red Chili Flakes
- 14 oz Pork Tenderloin
- 3–4 drops of Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 1/4 cup water, or substitute with Chicken Broth or Veggie Broth for more flavor
- 1/2 cup Sweet BBQ Glaze – We used Rufus Teague’s Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce
- The night before, toss to combine all spice-rub seasoning, rub the seasoning all over the pork tenderloin, and then cover it with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add water, liquid smoke (optional) to a slow cooker or crockpot. Add seasoned pork tenderloin in the center and place the lid on top. Cook untouched on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the cooked pork tenderloin to a cutting board. Using two forks, start to shred the pork. Discard any fat residue that is in the slow cooker before transferring the shredded pork back in.
- Add about 1/2 cup of Rufus Teague BBQ Sauce to the slow cooker and mix with a wooden spatula/spoon. Place the lid back on top and cook for another 30 minutes on low heat. Set your timer as there in case there is no 30-minute time on your slow cooker.
- Stir one more time again before serving!
Refrigerate seasoned pork – 8 hours or overnight.
Cooking Times: 6 hours on high heat setting and 30 minutes on the low heat setting. Or, 8 hours and 30 minutes on low heat setting.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Crocker Pot, Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American-Inspired
Keywords: pulled pork, slow cooker, bariatric friendly, crockpot, pork tenderloin, BBQ pulled pork, dinner recipe