This Slow Cooker Sweet BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe is super easy to make, full of flavor, tender, and very delicious. Serve as sandwiches or as a main meal with veggies on the side. Our favorite veggies are coleslaw, summer squash, and broccolini.
We love this recipe because how easy it is to make and requires minimal effort. Aka, the beauty of slow cookers! We also love how tender and soft the pork is which makes it easy to chew and digest.
Sweet Pulled Pork Ingredients:
- Pork Tenderloin – We used pork tenderloin in this recipe because it’s a leaner cut of meat and more tender.
- Spice Rub Seasoning – Coconut Sugar, Chili Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, Black Pepper, Oregano, Mustard Seeds, Smoked Paprika, and a pinch of Red Chili Flakes.
- Liquid Smoke – We always add a few drops to our pork recipes because it adds a nice “smoky flavor. You can skip this if you don’t have any on hand or not a fan of the smoky flavor. .”
- Water – We use only a little to help with the cooking process, and so the tenderloin doesn’t get dried out. Substitute with Chicken Broth or Veggie Broth for more flavor. We will do this when we are making enchiladas or tacos with the pulled pork.
- Sweet BBQ Glaze – We used Rufus Teague’s Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce once the tenderloin is fully cooked and shredded. This is our favorite BBQ sauce, and we can’t recommend it enough. It saves us time from making a homemade BBQ sauce, and the ingredients are on point. There are no weird preservatives or additives to their sauces.
Rufus Teague’s products are only made with natural ingredients, which is a winner in our book! Also, the flavor is the best. We have tried and tested several store-bought BBQ sauces, and Rufus Teague’s BBQ has the best flavor and texture!
Steps to making the best pulled pork:
Step 1: The night before, toss to combine all spice-rub seasoning, rub the seasoning all over the pork tenderloin, and then cover it with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Step 2: Add water, liquid smoke (optional) to a slow cooker or crockpot. Add seasoned pork tenderloin in the center and place the lid on top. Cook untouched on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
Step 3: Carefully remove the cooked pork tenderloin to a cutting board. Using two forks, start to shred the pork. Discard any fat residue that is in the slow cooker before transferring the shredded pork back in.
Step 4: Add about 1/2 cup of Rufus Teague BBQ Sauce to the slow cooker and mix with a wooden spatula/spoon. Place the lid back on top and cook for another 30 minutes on low heat. Set your timer in case there is no 30-minute timer on your slow cooker.
Step 5: Stir again one more time before serving!
We like to serve this sweet pulled pork on its own with a side of veggies, like roasted/grilled squash and broccolini. We also serve our pulled pork with pasta salad or coleslaw. Or, better yet, serve as a sandwich with some coleslaw or a slice of Provolone cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Prep: Seasoning the pork takes about 5 minutes.
Refrigerate seasoned pork – 8 hours or overnight.
Cooking – 6 hours on high and 30 minutes on low, or 8 hours and 30 minutes on low.
Total: 14.5 hours to 16.5 hours (depends on heat times).
Store leftover pulled pork in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. We recommend reheating the pulled pork on the stovetop with more BBQ sauce in the pan. The pork soaks up the sauce when stored and will need more sauce for that saucy BBQ flavor.
This Slow Cooker Sweet BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe is super easy to make, full of flavor, tender, and very delicious! We hope you all love it as much as we do! Enjoy! ♡
If you love this recipe, try one of these healthy dinner recipes next:
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
We get our meat from Butcher Box and can’t recommend their meats enough. Shop from the comfort of your home and have high-quality meat and seafood delivered straight to your front door! They have a great deal right now too!! Get up to 10 lbs of high-quality meat – a pork butt, bone-in chicken thighs, and ground beef – FREE in your first box.
This post contains affiliate links.