This Simple Veggie Pasta is light, packed with veggies and topped with fresh basil. Plus, its quick to make for those busy nights.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup baby broccoli, or broccolini
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- pinch of black pepper and salt (plus more to taste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup basil (chopped)
- Spaghetti Noodles – I used Banza Chickpea Pasta
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Fresh Basil (chopped)
- Olive Oil (optional)
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (for cooking the pasta) and add 1 Tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, zucchini, red tomatoes, and broccoli. Sautée for 5 minutes, and then add garlic and seasoning: a pinch of black pepper and salt. Stir and sauté for 5 -7 minutes, or until veggies are tender and tomatoes are bursting.
- Once pasta is cooked, add ¼ cup of the pasta water to the veggies and the juice of 1 lemon. Drain the pasta and add directly to the veggies and toss to combine.
- Season with additional black pepper, salt, red chili flakes, and fresh chopped basil.
- Serve immediately and top with extra lemon juice for acidity, red chili flakes for heat, and vegan parmesan cheese (optional) for extra flavor
Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: vegan pasta, easy pasta meal, veggie pasta meals, simple veggie pasta, vegan