The perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie that is moist, crunchy, and delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted, not hot)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nut milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder and soda, and salt) to a bowl and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients (brown and cane sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and nut milk) to a bowl and mix together with a whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in increments and mix with a spatula. Once a dough forms, add in the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop out a tablespoon and half of the dough and roll into balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Using your fingers, press down the top of the dough to make a small disc.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let rest on the pan for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Category: Sweets
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, vegan Christmas cookies