Looking out my kitchen window the other day, I noticed our rosemary was the only herb that has been withstanding the winter. The rosemary was calling me so I put on my boots and picked some of the healthier twigs. Thinking of what to make, I started cooking some red potatoes and added a couple of fresh rosemary twigs to the boiling water. After the potatoes were thoroughly cooked; I had a bite to see if they tasted anything like rosemary. There was a hint of rosemary flavor, in which I knew I had to add more to make the potent herb flavor standout.
Lastly, I added unsweetened almond milk and a couple tablespoons of vegan butter for a creamy mash. These mashed potatoes were a hit and they can be the perfect side for where your dinner calls for it! I hope you all love it!
Until next time friends, Namaste. ♥
Rosemary Almond Mashed Potatoes
- 3 cups red potatoes cubed
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the bad parts of the red potato skins and cut the potatoes into cubes. Add the potatoes to a pot, and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2 fresh rosemary twigs and give it a quick stir. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat and cooked the potatoes until tender and easy to pierce with a fork.
- Once thoroughly cooked, remove from the heat and discard the rosemary twigs and water. Add the potatoes to a medium size bowl and mash with either a fork or potato masher. Mix in the vegan butter, almond milk and season with fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper to your taste.