These Rosemary Almond Mashed Potatoes are vegan, fluffy, creamy, and flavored with rosemary and garlic! A perfect side to any dinner meal!
While I was looking out my kitchen window the other day, I noticed our rosemary was the only herb withstanding winter. The rosemary started to call me, so I put my boots on, went outside, and picked some of the healthier twigs.
Thinking of what to make, I started boiling some red potatoes and added a couple of fresh rosemary twigs and garlic cloves to the boiling water. After the potatoes were thoroughly cooked, I had a bite to see if they tasted anything like rosemary. There was a hint of rosemary flavor, in which I knew I had to add more to make the potent herb flavor standout.
Rosemary Almond Mashed Potatoes Ingredients:
- Red potatoes – I love the flavor of red potatoes, and their skins are very delicate and tender.
- Olive oil – Adds flavor to the potatoes while they are boiling.
- Garlic cloves – Peel and smash them with the back of your knife and add them to the boiling water. Don’t discard them when you drain the water. Mash them up with the potatoes. This adds a nice garlicky flavor.
- Fresh rosemary – Adds flavor to the potatoes while they are boiling and then add more before serving, depending on how much rosemary flavor you want.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Vegan butter (or sub regular butter if not vegan). We like Miyokos vegan butter for these mashed potatoes.
- Unsweetened almond milk – either make your own or use store-bought.
These vegan mashed potatoes are super delicious, and they make the perfect side for where your dinner calls for it! We hope you all love it! Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.