This Roasted Winter Vegetable Buddha Bowl with Tahini Dressing is simple to make, healthy, and delicious! It’s the perfect plant-based meal when you’re on-the-go!
- 1/2 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 2 cups brussel sprouts (halved)
- 1–2 sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 15, oz can chickpeas (rinsed and dried)
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- pinch salt and black pepper
- sesame seeds
- green onion (green parts)
- tahini dressing (recipe follows)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (pure (dark color grade))
- 5 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts to 1 baking sheet drizzle with 2 Tbsp oil (or water, if oil-free). Add the chickpeas to the second baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp oil (or water, if oil-free).
- Combine the spices: chili powder, cumin, sweet paprika, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Divide the spice blend to both baking sheets and toss to combine. Cover the first baking sheet (with the vegetables) with foil for the first 15 minutes to ensure even roasting—Bake for a total of 30 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- While the vegetables are baking, add 1/4 quinoa to a small saucepan. Fill with 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and place a lid on top to cook for 15 minutes. Do not move the saucepan from the burner or remove the lid. (When fully cooked, fluff the quinoa with a fork).
- To serve, add spinach and divide quinoa, roasted vegetables, and the roasted chickpeas between two serving plates or bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions, sprouts, and top with the tahini dressing.
- Best when fresh. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Tahini Dressing Instructions:
- Add tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add 1 Tbsp water at a time, whisking until desired consistency.
- Category: Lunch, Entree
- Cuisine: American-Inspired
Keywords: on-the-go recipes, buddha bowls, plant-based, winter vegetables