These Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos are easy to make, satisfying, and healthy! Top with a homemade avocado crema for extra flavor!
- 1/2 white onion (sliced)
- 2 bell peppers (red & yellow) (deseeded and sliced)
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- pinch salt and black pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans or sub 1, 15 oz can*
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- lime juice
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil and set it aside.
- Slice the bell peppers and onions, dice the sweet potatoes, and mince the garlic. Add to the prepared baking sheet and season with the spices (chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper) and oil.
- Toss to combine and cover with foil. Roast for 25 minutes covered. Remove foil and continue roasting for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Warm the black beans in a saucepan over medium-high heat with a little liquid or filtered water.
Avocado Crema Instructions:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend/Process on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the crema is smooth. Taste and adjust flavor as needed by adding more lime for acidity or salt for saltiness.
* If using canned black beans, drain and rinse before adding to the saucepan with 2 tbsp filtered water.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1-week.
- Category: Tacos, Entrees
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: tacos, vegan, vegetarian, black bean tacos, sweet potato and black bean tacos, avocado creama