These Roasted Harissa Sweet Potato & Chickpea Pitas are super flavorful, simple to make and perfect for when you’re on-the-go!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1–2 sweet potatoes (cubed/sliced)
- 1,15 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp harissa powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 1/4 cup dill (chopped)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper (plus more to taste)
- Harissa Cashew Sauce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pita Bread (or wraps)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add sweet potatoes and chickpeas to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Add the spices: harissa powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Massage the oil and spices with the sweet potatoes and chickpeas and cover with a foil. Bake for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add cucumber, dill, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to a bowl and toss together to combine.
- Remove the roasted harissa sweet potatoes and chickpeas from the oven and toss with the seasoned cucumbers.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and add to a pita or wrap. Add desired toppings: such as sprouts, harissa cashew sauce, and cherry tomatoes.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American-Inspired
Keywords: roasted harissa sweet potatoes and chickpeas, pitas, on-the-go recipes, harissa, vegan