This Roasted Carrot & Turmeric Purée is great on its own served with roasted chickpeas and flatbread, or makes a perfect side to a delicious meal!
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 10 carrots (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp and 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup filtered water
- Fresh parsley
- Roasted Chickpeas *
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic cloves to the pan and season with turmeric, sweet paprika, salt, and pepper. Add two tablespoons melted coconut oil and massaged the veggies until well coated with spices.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender to pierce with a fork.
- Remove from oven to cool slightly and transfer the roasted veggies to a high-speed blender and add the remaining two tablespoons coconut oil and 1/4 cup filtered water. Blend and continue adding 1/4 cup water untiled desired consistency. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve as is, or add roasted chickpea and fresh chopped parsley.
To make the roasted chickpeas:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
Rinse and dry 1, 15-oz can chickpeas and place the lined baking sheet.
Season with 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted), 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoons chipotle powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and salt.
Bake for 35 minutes or until crispy. Let the chickpeas cool for about 10 minutes before using.
- Category: Appetizers, Sides
Keywords: easy roasted carrot recipes, easy carrot recipes, easy appetizer recipes, easy fall appetizer recipes