This Roasted Beet & Carrot Salad with Avocado Dressing is super simple and has a ton of flavor! Perfect as is, or add a protein source to make it a main meal!
Roasted Beets & Carrots:
- 8 carrots
- 4 beets
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- healthy pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 avocado (peel, and pitted)
- healthy pinch of salt and pepper (plus more to taste *)
- mix greens
- green onions (sliced)
- almonds (crushed)
- Protein Options: chickpeas, chicken, tofu, salmon
- feta or vegan-friendly cheese
- Preheat oven to 435 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Clean and peel the carrots and beets. Cut in bite-size pieces and place on the baking sheet. Toss with avocado oil, and salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil, toss ingredients with a spoon, and continue roasting for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Make Avocado & Hemp Seed Dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Build the salad by placing greens down, adding the roasted vegetables, and optional toppings. Add dressing on top or serve on the side.
* If the Avocado & Hemp Seed Dressing is too vinegar, add a pinch of salt. Taste and determine if it needs more, or just perfect. If you want a thinner sauce, add a tablespoon of water at a time.
- Category: Salad