5-ingredient Raw Apple Pecan Pie Bites! A simple, healthy and wholesome snack for when you’re on-the-go!
- 1 cup dates (pitted and packed)
- 2 cups pecans (plus more for rolling)
- 1 apple (chopped – I used McIntosh)
- 1.5 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus more for rolling)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- *optional: coconut flakes for rolling
- Add pecans to a food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Then add dates, chopped apple, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. (Don’t overmix or the pecans will turn into butter.) The results should be a moist dough-like mixture.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon and carefully roll into balls with your hands. Add to the freezer to firm up for 10 minutes.
- Roll in extra chopped pecans, coconut flakes or pumpkin pie spice.
- Store leftovers in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Category: Snacks, Desserts
Keywords: apple bites, apple recipes, raw apple recipes, refined sugar-free apple recipes, healthy snack recipes, healthy apple recipes, healthy fall snack recipes