One thing I look forward to when fall starts to approach is all the locally grown apples. Apples are my go-to-snack with creamy peanut butter or almond butter. It’s been feeling cooler the past couple of days, and the warm, familiar aroma of a crisp apple pie was calling me. When I was at our local farmers market, I bought a 3-lb bag of fresh apples, because apple pie was on the dessert menu. Unexpectedly, on a whim, Jake asked if we go out to dinner that night since we haven’t visited any of the local restaurants in town. So, instead of making an apple pie, I decided to make apple pecan pie bites for tomorrow’s delicious snack.
After making these bites for the first time, I couldn’t believe how much they tasted like the real deal! These bites are made with wholesome and natural ingredients, and they are so yummy! They are naturally sweetened with the dates and also have a nice caramel-like flavor. These bites are the perfect on-the-go snack! I hope you all love them!
Until next time friends, Namaste! ♥
Raw Apple Pecan Pie Bites
- 1 cup dates pitted and packed
- 2 cups pecans plus more for rolling
- 1 apple chopped - I used McIntosh
- 1.5 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more for rolling
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- *optional: coconut flakes for rolling
- Add pecans to a food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Then add dates, chopped apple, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. (Don't overmix or the pecans will turn into butter.) The results should be a moist dough-like mixture.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon and carefully roll into balls with your hands. Add to the freezer to firm up for 10 minutes.
- Roll in extra chopped pecans, coconut flakes or pumpkin pie spice.
- Store leftovers in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.