These Pecan Caramel Thumbprint Cookies are nutty, gluten-free, tender, easy to make, and very tasty! Perfect for the holidays or whenever the cookie and caramel craving hits. They are “melt-in-your-mouth delicious!”
- 1 cup whole pecans + 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- Caramel sauce – we used our vegan caramel sauce for these
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add pecans and sugar and process until combined. The mixture should resemble a meal.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and vanilla extract. Add in the pecan and sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- Add salt and almond flour to the mixture and combine to make a dough
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the dough, roll into balls, and place on the prepared baking sheets. Gently press down to make an indentation in the middle of the cookies by using your thump or by using a thumbprint cookie stamp.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. You may need to press down in the middle of cookies again as the cookies will rise slightly while baking.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and about 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce in the center of the cookies before enjoying.
- If desired, drizzle melted chocolate on top and/or flaked salt.
- Category: Sweets, Cookies, Holiday
- Method: Baking
Keywords: thumbprint cookies, pecan and caramel thumbprint cookies, holiday cookies, gluten-free cookies