This Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is easy to make, super moist, fluffy, tangy, and perfect for any occasion. Aka, the ultimate treat for lemon lovers.
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt – We used Siggi’s Vanilla non-fat greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 to 1,1/2 lemons (about 4 tbsp)
- Zest of 1, 1/2 lemons (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seed
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 5-inch by 10-inch bread pan with 2 tbsp of room temperature butter, and set it aside.
- Step 2: Toss the flour, salt, baking soda, and poppy seeds together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Step 3: In a medium-large bowl, whisk together room temperature butter, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Add dry ingredients on top and carefully mix with a spatula. Do Not Over Mix.
- Step 4: Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake for about 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife/toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 5: Let the pound cake cool for about 30 minutes or longer before adding the glaze and cutting the cake.
- Step 6: Make the Glaze: Whisk the lemon juice and the cream cheese together in a medium bowl. Add the powdered sugar and carefully whisk to combine. Taste and see if it has the right amount of lemon flavor to your liking or if it needs more lemon.
- Step 7: Remove the cooled pound cake from the pan and drizzle the glaze over on top. Slice and Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American-Inspired
Keywords: pound cake, lemon, lemon cake, lemon pound cake, cake