This Kale & Red Quinoa Salad with a Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette is super delicious, healthy, refreshing, and flavorful!
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 2 bunches kale (stems removed), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp dill, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1–2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp shallot (minced)
- Cook red quinoa according to the package and set aside to cool (about 15 minutes)
- While quinoa is cooking, make the vinaigrette by whisking the following ingredients: lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, minced shallot, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Clean kale, remove hard stems and rip the leaves into pieces, and place into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and massage the kale to wilt the leaves.
- Add the remaining ingredients: chopped fennel, cherry tomatoes, cooled red quinoa to the bowl and toss together.
- Top with avocado, hemp hearts, and chopped dill and serve immediately.
- Category: Salad, Lunch
- Cuisine: New American-Inspired
Keywords: salad, fennel, summer salad, lemon vinaigrette, red quinoa, on the go recipes, quick and easy salad, healthy salad