This Kale & Red Quinoa Salad with a Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette is super delicious and super flavorful! It’s easily one of my favorite salad recipes because it’s healthy, refreshing, and flavorful!
This salad is also great for when you are on-the-go too, which is huge for me because I travel often and need something quick and healthy to make that will stay fresh.
Kale & Red Quinoa Salad with a Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- Red quinoa – Is rich in protein, fiber and higher in antioxidants than other quinoa varieties. I love the texture and flavor of red quinoa on this salad more than regular quinoa too.
- Kale – I love using curly kale in this recipe because it is crispy in texture and has a hint of earthiness. To get rid of the bitterness, massage the leaves with some lemon juice first. This will make the kale wilt and remove some of the bitterness.
- Fennel Bulb – Has a mild licorice flavor and crunchy texture. I love it in this salad because it adds a pop of flavor.
- Cherry tomatoes – Adds some sweetness to the salad.
- Hemp hearts – Add for additional plant protein.
- Avocado – Add for healthy fat.
- Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients: dill, lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper
This Kale & Red Quinoa Salad with a Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette is super delicious, healthy, refreshing, and flavorful! We hope you all love it too! ♥
Need more healthy and flavorful salad recipe ideas? Be sure to check out some of our other favorites: Everyday Colorful Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette, Winter Salad with Tahini Dressing, or our Roasted Beet & Carrot Salad with Avocado Dressing.
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.