Welcome back to another Pizza Friday! This week we are sharing our favorite Goat Cheese Pizza Recipe With Marjoram & Prosciutto! This pizza is easy to make, has nice floral notes, a kick of spice and sweetness, and creamy! We then drizzled some honey on top to add an extra sweet flavor with each bite. This pizza is so good, and y’all are going to love it!
What we love about this pizza recipe is the flavor. Combining goat cheese with prosciutto and marjoram is a game-changer. Marjoram is similar to oregano but is milder and sweeter in flavor. It also has a citrus and floral flavor to it, so it made sense that the final touches of this pizza were to drizzle a bit of honey on top before serving.
Ingredients to making Goat Cheese Pizza:
- Pizza dough – homemade or store-bought. We used our 72-hour pizza dough for this recipe. We love how much flavor this pizza dough has and how many air pockets it has. Dreamy and delicious.
- Prosciutto – We used Creminelli Prosciutto because we love the flavor and that it’s not too salty. Some prosciutto can be way too salty, so be careful on which brand you go with. What we recommend is adding only a few slices of prosciutto rather than adding too much. You want to keep the salty flavor down because you want the marjoram and goat cheese to shine here.
- Garlicky Olive Oil: olive oil, garlic clove, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes – This is our favorite go-to pizza sauce. It adds so much flavor to the pizza!
- Fresh marjoram leaves – If you have never tried marjoram before, be prepared to be wowed! You need to include this herb more in your meals at home! We love to add fresh marjoram to salads; it adds such a nice citrusy flavor.
- Goat cheese – We Vermont Goat Cheese for this pizza. It’s our favorite Goat Cheese to get because it’s fresh and has a nice mild, sweet, and creamy flavor.
- Honey – We used regular honey here, but feel free to use any honey you have on hand. Don’t skip this ingredient. You are only drizzling a little of honey on top.
Steps to making this Pizza:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to the highest temperature (500°F or 550°F) your oven can get.
Step 2: Make the Garlicky Olive Oil Sauce. Mince the garlic and add it to a small bowl with olive oil and a pinch of salt, black pepper, and red chili flakes. Stir to combine.
Step 3: Prep the pizza dough. Roll it out. Spread the Garlicky Olive Oil sauce evenly on top. Add prosciutto and generously sprinkle goat cheese evenly on top. Add fresh marjoram leaves on top.
Step 4: Bake at the highest temperature (500-550° F); your oven can get for about 10 minutes, or until doneness.
Step 5: Add more marjoram leaves and a drizzle of honey on top before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Prep: 10 minutes to make the sauce and to prep the ingredients and the pizza
Bake: The pizza takes about 10 minutes to make, depends on the size of the pizza dough.
Total: 20 minutes
Store pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot. We like to add olive oil to a pan and love how it crisps up the pizza crust. Goodbye to soggy leftover pizza dough.
This pizza pairs best with a Chardonnay. The gentle notes of citrus pairs nicely with this pizza perfectly. We selected a Buttery Chardonnay from La Crema Winery in Windsor, California. We love how this wine has a nice crisp and fruity aroma that drives a lingering finish with each bite. So good.
This Goat Cheese Pizza Recipe with Marjoram & Prosciutto is easy to make, has nice floral notes, a kick of spice and sweetness, and creamy! We then drizzled some honey on top to add an extra sweet flavor with each bite. We hope you all enjoy it! ♡
If you love this pizza recipe, try one of these next:
- Roasted Apple & Prosciutto with Maple Balsamic Glaze
- Vegan Margherita Pizza
- Shakshuka Pizza
- Cheesy Calabrese Pizza
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.