These Fennel and Pork Meatballs are super tender, savory, and flavorful. They are super easy to make and absolutely delicious! These can be served as a low-carb dinner or as a delicious appetizer! Everyone will love them! 😉
Fennel and Pork Meatball Ingredients:
- Ground pork –You will need 1 lb of ground pork to make these meatballs. Studies have shown that substituting pork for beef can be helpful for weight loss and heart health.
- Fennel seeds – Offers a sweet, warm, and aromatic flavor that goes well in savory dishes like these meatballs.
- Garlic cloves – Adds nice flavor when cooked.
- Shallot – Adds sweet and mild flavor notes.
- Salt – A must when making meatballs. A good ratio to follow is to add 1 tsp per 1 lb of meat.
- Black pepper
- Oregano – Adds bold and earthy notes, which complement the fennel and pork.
- Sugar – Adds nice flavor to the meatball.
- Red pepper flakes – Adds nice flavor. It does not make the meatballs spicy; rather, it enhances the flavor of the meatballs more.
- Tomato sauce or marinara – We like to make homemade marinara. But Rao’s Marinara Sauce works perfectly here too!
- Havarti Cheese – Adds nice creamy notes and makes the sauce uber delicious.
- Spinach – Because, why not? Get your greens in!
- Fresh Basil – Add nice flavor and complements the dish perfectly!
- Leftovers can be stored in a glass seal container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator!
- Reheat leftovers either in the microwave in a pan over medium-high heat, stirring often.
These fennel and pork meatballs are one of our favorites to make for easy weeknight dinners or as a yummy appetizer. We also make the meatballs without the sauce for homemade pizzas too! Check out our Best Meatball Pizza and our Fennel and Sausage Pizza recipes for other dinner ideas!
We hope you love these meatballs as much as we do! Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.