These Mini Calzones are easy to make, full of flavor, and make a great weeknight meal! They are fun to make and requires minimal effort!
- 1 lb Pizza dough – We love using our 72-hour pizza dough recipe for our homemade calzones, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of Marinara Sauce plus more for dipping
- Pinch of Parmesan Cheese to top the calzones
- Filling Ingredients: sweet peppers, spinach, pepperoni, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, smoked mozzarella cheese, and basil
- Preheat the oven to 500 – 550 degrees F or at the highest setting your oven can get. Prep all filling ingredients and cut pizza dough into small pieces.
- Add dough to a floured surface and use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about 1-inch thick.
- Add about a spoonful of marinara sauce and spread it across the dough, leaving the edges untouched.
- Add your fillings (veggies, cheese, meat) on top of the sauce and carefully grab one end of the dough and drag it across to connect it with the other side.
- Carefully grab the dough’s bottom, slide it over on top, and connect the sides by pinching the dough together.
- Transfer the dough to a baking sheet with parchment paper or a pizza peel with parchment paper on top.
- Make 2-3 small slits on top of the dough to help with the release of air and season with a generous amount of parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. We love to serve these with the marinara sauce too!
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: calzones, veggie calzones, pepperoni calzones, meat calzones, cheese calzone, calazone