This colorful tomato tart is tasty and pairs wonderfully with wine! Can be made in less than an hour!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick vegan butter (or sub regular if not vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4–5 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4–8 fresh basil leaves
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. While pulsing, drizzle in the cold water until the mixture begins to hold together. If the dough seems dry, add more water; 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 16-by-6-inch rectangle to fit into a 14-by-4-inch rectangle tart pan with a removable bottom (non-removable pans, place dough on parchment paper). Pierce bottom of dough all over with a fork and refrigerate for 10-minutes.
- Bake crust for about 25-minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven to cool completely (keep the oven on) and cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick.
- Brush the olive oil and minced garlic over the crust and add the tomato slices on top. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and bake uncovered for 20 to 25-minutes. Remove from oven, top with minced garlic, fresh chopped basil, and a drizzle of olive oil. Cool slightly before unmolding and serving!
- Category: Appetizers, Savory
Keywords: tomato appetizer recipes, tomato tart recipes, easy tomato tart recipes, easy brunch recipes, easy tomato recipes