These Coconut & Rhubarb Scones are filled with fresh rhubarb and topped with a Sweet Strawberry Glaze! They are flaky, have the perfect amount of rhubarb, sugar, and coconut, and are absolutely tasty!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut almond milk (or, sub any nut milk) (We used Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup cane sugar + more for dusting
- 1 egg (or sub 1 flax egg for vegan)
- 1/4 cup fresh rhubarb, diced
Strawberry Glaze Ingredients:
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted (not hot))
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg (or make the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp flaxseed with the 2 tbsp water and set aside for 3 minutes).
- Add room temperature coconut oil, nut milk, and cane sugar to the bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Toss the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. Then add to the wet ingredients a little at a time while stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Add the chopped up rhubarb to the mixture and gently combine everything.
- Gently transfer the mixture to a floured surface and use your hands to form the dough into a disc, about 1 inch in height.
- Cut the circle into 8 for wedges and use a floured spatula to transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with a bit more cane sugar and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on the edges.
- Remove the scones from the oven to cool. While the scones are cooling, prepare the glaze (noted below). Drizzle the glaze on top of the cooled scones before enjoying.
- Best when fresh; store leftovers at room temperature in a well-sealed container for up to 3 days.
Strawberry Glaze Instructions:
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 4 fresh strawberries to a food processor, and blend until you get a puree.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the coconut and strawberry puree to a bowl and add 1/2 cup of powder sugar. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Category: Breakfast, Sweets
- Method: Baking
Keywords: vegan scone recipes, simple scone recipes, strawberry and rhubarb recipes, strawberry and rhubarb scone recipes, the best coconut strawberry and rhubarb scones, vegan